Re: warning message in standby

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: warning message in standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 12:31 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> If that's the case, I guess Tom's right, once more, saying that LOG is
>> fine here. If we want to be more subtle than that, we'd need to revise
>> each and every error message and attribute it the right level, which it
>> probably have already anyway.
>
> Nobody is arguing with what Tom has said about log levels.

Agreed.

> The problem is that LOG already has many things like performance logging
> which aren't a problem as all. So we need a level between LOG and FATAL
> to draw anyone's attention.

Not sure I agree with this - what I think the problem is here is we
need to make a clear distinction between recoverable errors and
unrecoverable errors.

> @Robert - I'd point out that the behaviour of archive_cleanup_command
> and recovery_end_command is broken as a result of this discussion.

:-(

How so?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company

От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: warning message in standby
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: warning message in standby