Re:

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re:
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
2010/7/5 silly sad <sad@bankir.ru>:
> On 07/05/10 10:30, Trinath Somanchi wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm new in using BLOB. How will the insert for storing very large byte
>> strings into a column  of data type Blob.
>
> i didn't advice you to use BLOB.
>
> you may store a string as long as 2GB at any TEXT or BYTEA field.

you can do it, but don't do it! Escaping of large strings are not
cheap, processing extra long SQL statements are extreme expensive on
memory - so don't do it - or test it before and check memory and
processor usage - and check it in testing environment with more than
one user.

The good size for text or bytea is less than 100M and real max isn't
2G but it is 1G. LO isn't these limits because it isn't accessable on
SQL level.

Regards
Pavel Stehule

> --

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: silly sad
Сообщение: Re:
От: Sergey Konoplev
Сообщение: Re: How to store Byte strings into a table.