Re: Question about catching exception

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Question about catching exception
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello

you have to parse a sqlerrm variable

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION public.test(a integer, b integer)
 RETURNS void
 LANGUAGE plpgsql
AS $function$
begin
  insert into foo values(a,b);
  exception when  unique_violation then
    raise notice '% %', sqlerrm, sqlstate;
end;
$function$

postgres=# select test(4,2);
NOTICE:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint "foo_b_key" 23505
 test
──────

(1 row)

Time: 9.801 ms
postgres=# select test(3,2);
NOTICE:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint "foo_a_key" 23505
 test
──────

(1 row)

Time: 17.167 ms

regards

Pavel Stehule

От: A B
Сообщение: Question about catching exception
От: tv@fuzzy.cz
Сообщение: Re: Question about catching exception