Re: Too many WAL(s) despite low transaction

От Selva manickaraja
Тема Re: Too many WAL(s) despite low transaction
Дата
Re: Too many WAL(s) despite low transaction
Список pgsql-admin
Since the production database is running,  I plan to do now is this

1. Set archive_timeout = 20m (Does the change require db restart to take effect?)
2. Set  autovacuum=on and track_count=on (Does the change require db restart to take effect?)
    Does that mean we are running autovacuum?
3. Run VACUUM FREEZE ANALYZE since bulk loading was done earlier. (Can this be done while the db is active and on production?)

All 3 steps is to lower the WAL files that are being shipped out.

Is this a workable action to achieve the result required?

Please assist.

Thank you.

Regards,

Selvam

От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Too many WAL(s) despite low transaction
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Too many WAL(s) despite low transaction