Setup of four 15k SAS disk with LSI raid controller

От Niels Kristian Schjødt
Тема Setup of four 15k SAS disk with LSI raid controller
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
I have a server with 32GB ram, one intel E3-1245 and four 15k SAS disks with a BB LSI MegaRaid controller. I wan't the
optimalperformance for my server, which will be pretty write heavy at times, and less optimized for redundancy, as my
datais not very crucial and I will be running a streaming replication along side.

Now what would you prefer:

1) 3 disks in RAID 0 containing PGDATA + 1 containing SYSTEM and WAL
2) All four in RAID 10 containing both PGDATA, SYSTEM AND WAL
3) 2 disks in RAID 1 containing PGDATA + 2 disks in RAID 1 containing SYSTEM and WAL
4) Something different?

От: Niels Kristian Schjødt
Сообщение: Re: Risk of data corruption/loss?
От: Vasilis Ventirozos
Сообщение: Re: Setup of four 15k SAS disk with LSI raid controller