Auto vacuum not reclaiming the space and disk utilization spike to 100%

От Ishan Joshi
Тема Auto vacuum not reclaiming the space and disk utilization spike to 100%
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi Team,

I am running  Postgres v12.2 and in our testing we are running performance test for 72 hrs with load. During the run it is working fine till first 16hrs after that disk utilization getting spike and next 2-4 hrs it is  reaching to 100%.

During the run we are deleting 2 million records from one of the partition table’s older  partition every 20 second. As we are deleting such records gradually, auto vacuum process is executing accordingly. But I can see few partition which have clean all the records but its size is still getting in MBs.

nftdb=# select count(*) from XXX_sequence_pp18;

count

-------

     0

Table

Size

External Size

xxx_sequence_pp18

340 MB

74 MB

I am suspecting due to this disk utilization is getting higher in my environment.

Can you please help to tune such issue

Thanks & Regards,

Ishan Joshi

This email and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Amdocs Email Terms of Service, which you may review at https://www.amdocs.com/about/email-terms-of-service

От: Niels Jespersen
Сообщение: SV: SV: Using Postgres jdbc driver with Oracle SQL Developer
От: Chris Sterritt
Сообщение: Transaction control in SECURITY DEFINER procedures