Re: CASCADING could not open relation with OID

От Silvela, Jaime \(Exchange\)
Тема Re: CASCADING could not open relation with OID
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I get values frin the first statement but not from the second.
After setting indexscan to off, still the same thing.

Should this setting be off in general?

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 6:15 PM
To: Silvela, Jaime (Exchange)
Cc: pgsql-general
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] CASCADING could not open relation with OID

"Silvela, Jaime \(Exchange\)" <JSilvela@Bear.com> writes:
> If I try to read from one, I get ERROR:  could not open relation with
> OID 16896
> If I try to redefine it, I get ERROR:  relation "bb_master" already
> exists
> If I try to DROP it, ERROR:  cache lookup failed for relation 16896

What do you get from
    select oid, * from pg_class where relname = 'bb_master';
    select oid, * from pg_class where oid = 16896;

If either one fails to get a hit, try it again after doing
    set enable_indexscan = off;

> How can I get around this? What's happening?

Hard to tell.  It sounds a bit like pg_class catalog damage, but the
above experiment will tell us more.

Bear Stearns does not provide tax, legal or accounting advice.  You
should consult your own tax, legal and accounting advisors before
engaging in any transaction. In order for Bear Stearns to comply with
Internal Revenue Service Circular 230 (if applicable), you are notified
that any discussion of U.S. federal tax issues contained or referred to
herein is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for
the purpose of:  (A) avoiding penalties that may be imposed under the
Internal Revenue Code; nor (B) promoting, marketing or recommending to
another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.