Re: Injection points: preloading and runtime arguments

От Andrey M. Borodin
Тема Re: Injection points: preloading and runtime arguments
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> On 21 May 2024, at 06:31, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>
> So I agree that 0002 ought to call injection_init_shmem() when calling
> injection_points_preload(), but it also seems to me that the test is
> missing the fact that it should heat the backend cache to avoid the
> allocations in the critical sections.
>
> Note that I disagree with taking a shortcut in the backend-side
> injection point code where we would bypass CritSectionCount or
> allowInCritSection.  These states should stay consistent for the sake
> of the callbacks registered so as these can rely on the same stack and
> conditions as the code where they are called.

Currently I'm working on the test using this
$creator->query_until(qr/start/, q(
    \echo start
    select injection_points_wakeup('');
    select test_create_multixact();
));

I'm fine if instead of injection_points_wakeup('') I'll have to use select injection_points_preload('point name');.

Thanks!

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

От: John Naylor
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 17 Beta 1 release announcement draft
От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: Path to unreverting "Allow planner to use Merge Append to efficiently implement UNION"