Re: Handling idle connections

От Scott Ribe
Тема Re: Handling idle connections
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> I am assuming like tell them "check sessions are closed properly" like dat?

Don't open until needed, close when done. Assuming they're actually a problem--for smaller scale environments, it can
beperfectly OK to have clients holding connections open for the entire client lifetime.

Set application name on connection, so that *if* there is a problem it's easier to track down.

> On Sep 26, 2023, at 8:55 AM, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> You haven't answered my question.  If "query" is truly blank and it is not just a permission problem, then the issue
isnot that they fail to close connections after use, but rather that they open connections and then never use them.

Which could easily be a matter of some pg library being used. As far as I see, there was also never an answer to
whetherthis is actually a problem and if so, how?

And one more: if there is a problem, why not use pgbouncer?

We've given all the information we can about how to identify such connections. Any further help would depend on more
infofrom Rajesh.

От: Jeff Janes
Сообщение: Re: Handling idle connections
От: OS DB2
Сообщение: Re: Corruption issue