Re: Code tables, conditional foreign keys?

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: Code tables, conditional foreign keys?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Here's an example of the value groups that were contained in the
> table:
>
> fax status:
>  pending, active, sent, error
> department:
>  office, accounting, it, legal, experts
> deadline type:
>  official, unofficial

> Is it really advisable to put all these values into 70 separate tables
> with the exact same layout? I don't quite see the benefit.

You could use the ENUM type for that (http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/datatype-enum.html
), although that works best if these values are really static. If
users should be able to edit them they're probably not the best choice.

Alban Hertroys

!DSPAM:737,4a17ca8210091499713462!

От: Alban Hertroys
Сообщение: Re: performance tuning on Vista problem
От: "Leif B. Kristensen"
Сообщение: Re: Asssociative Arrays: Best practices / snippets?