Re: archive status ".ready" files may be created too early

От Bossart, Nathan
Тема Re: archive status ".ready" files may be created too early
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 8/17/21, 2:13 PM, "alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org" <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> On 2021-Aug-17, Bossart, Nathan wrote:
>
>> The main reason for registering the boundaries in XLogInsertRecord()
>> is that it has the required information about the WAL record
>> boundaries.  I do not think that XLogWrite() has this information.
>
> Doh, of course.  So, why isn't it that we call Register in
> XLogInsertRecord, and Notify in XLogWrite?

We do.  However, we also call NotifySegmentsReadyForArchive() in
XLogInsertRecord() to handle the probably-unlikely scenario that the
flush pointer has already advanced past the to-be-registered boundary.
This ensures that the .ready files are created as soon as possible.

Nathan

От: "alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org"
Сообщение: Re: archive status ".ready" files may be created too early
От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: The Free Space Map: Problems and Opportunities