Re: reduce many loosely related rows down to one

От Marc Mamin
Тема Re: reduce many loosely related rows down to one
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

thatdo not necessarily have access to the other data bits.

> -- raw data now looks like this:
>
> select * from test;
>
>   id | rspid | nspid | cid | iac | newp | oldp |   ppv   |  tppv
> ----+-------+-------+-----+-----+------+------+---------+---------
>    1 |     2 |     3 |   4 | t   |      |      |         |
>    1 |     2 |     3 |     |     |  100 |      |         |
>    1 |     2 |     3 |     |     |      |  200 |         |
>    1 |     2 |     3 |     |     |      |      |         | 4100.00
>    1 |     2 |     3 |     |     |      |      |         | 3100.00
>    1 |     2 |     3 |     |     |      |      | -100.00 |
>    1 |     2 |     3 |     |     |      |      |  250.00 |
>    2 |     7 |     8 |   4 |     |      |      |         |
> (8 rows)
>
> -- I want this result (where ppv and tppv are summed and the other distinct values are boiled down into one row)
> -- I want to avoid writing explicit UNIONs that will break if, say the "cid" was entered as a discreet row from the
rowcontaining "iac"
> -- in this example "rspid" and "nspid" are always the same for a given ID, however they could possibly be absent for
agiven row as well

>   id | rspid | nspid | cid | iac | newp | oldp |   ppv   |  tppv
> ----+-------+-------+-----+-----+------+------+---------+---------
>    1 |    2  |     3 |  4  | t   | 100  | 200  |  150.00  | 7200.00
>    2 |    7  |     8 |  4  |     |      |      |    0.00  |    0.00
>

> I have experimented with doing the aggregates as a CTE and then joining that to various incarnations of DISTINCT and
DISTINCTON, but those do not do what I want. Trying to find the right combination of terms to get an answer from Google
hasbeen unfruitful.

Hello,
If I understand you well, you want to perform a group by whereas null values are coalesced to existing not null values.
this seems to be logically not feasible.
What should look the result like if your "raw" data are as following:
 id | rspid | nspid | cid | iac | newp | oldp |   ppv   |  tppv
 |  1 |     2 |     3 |   5 | t   |      |      |         |  1 |     2 |     3 |     |     |  100 |      |         |

(to which cid should newp be summed to?)

regards,

Marc Mmain

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Brice André
Сообщение: DELETE...RETURNING problem with libpq
От: Wolfe Whalen
Сообщение: Re: DELETE...RETURNING problem with libpq