Re: Is it possible to control the location of the lock file when starting postgres?

От Steve Langlois
Тема Re: Is it possible to control the location of the lock file when starting postgres?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On Jul 20, 2016, at 8:03 PM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
>
> On 7/20/2016 4:48 PM, Steve Langlois wrote:
>> I am upgrading an existing system running CentOS 5.6 with Postgres 8.2.5 to CentOS 7 with 9.2.15. The original
systemmodified the postgresql script to manually running postmaster to start the database under the current user
control.So it is really for compatibility with the rest of the code.

> 'because we did it this way 10 years ago' is a lousy excuse, but whatever.
>
> if you're upgrading the OS and database and everything, why are you stopping at 9.2?   that version is already 80%
throughits support life cycle, I would use 9.4 or 9.5 for maximum support longetivity.    9.1 is on its final release,
9.2will likely be desupported in a year or so.

Oh I agree and I will likely do that as I take over this code but wanted to see if I could get the ‘old’ method to work
soI can unblock others until I can update the code.

I was thinking the same about using the 9.5. 9.2 is the current distribution with CentOS 7.2.

От: Steve Langlois
Сообщение: Re: Is it possible to control the location of the lock file when starting postgres?
От: John R Pierce
Сообщение: Re: Is it possible to control the location of the lock file when starting postgres?