Re: Disable unique constraint in Postgres

От Scott Ribe
Тема Re: Disable unique constraint in Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> On Nov 27, 2022, at 9:51 AM, Samed YILDIRIM <samed@reddoc.net> wrote:
>
> Important point is why you want to disable a unique constraint.
>     • If you want to add some duplicate rows into a table, you try to do something fundamentally wrong.

Even more so: why is disabling superior to dropping???

It is at most an extremely minor convenience to be able to re-enable it without having to re-create it, in that you
can,presumably, just re-enable by name without specifying the constraint details. In other words, in my opinion, it is
avirtually worthless feature. (Typical "enterprise software" feature creep.)

От: Samed YILDIRIM
Сообщение: Re: Disable unique constraint in Postgres
От: Jeff Janes
Сообщение: Re: Question about cert authentication method.