re logging, how does one cleanup the write ahead and other logs

От Heitzso
Тема re logging, how does one cleanup the write ahead and other logs
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
There's the one question which was asked
recently of how does one limit logs, but
another question is how does one cleanup
the logs that accumulate in pg_xlog safely?

If I try to load a gig of data into postgres
with default logging I'll end up with gig+
of logs files in pg_xlog.  If I blindly
go in with postmaster down and delete all
of these files postgres complains mightily.

What's the recommended cron/scheduler script
to keep these files from overwhelming the
filesystem?

Thanks,
Heitzso

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: how to create function/procedure for commenting multiple objects (e.g., columns)
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Alter column / array