Re: SQL statement logging: picking up strange queries from "pg_catalog"

От Graham Leggett
Тема Re: SQL statement logging: picking up strange queries from "pg_catalog"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 04 Jul 2010, at 12:49 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

> I'd bet that you are using a client-side driver that feels a need to
> fetch metadata about the tables it's working with.  JDBC or ODBC
> maybe?
>
> A reasonable driver would cache such information, so if there are
> enough
> of these to present a performance issue, maybe the problem is you're
> using too short-lived database connections.

I am using JDBC indeed, most specifically
postgresql-8.4-701.jdbc4.jar, along with the atomikos transaction
manager.

Does postgresql have an access log where the lifetime of database
connections are tracked? Specifically tracking when the client
connected, and how long the client stayed connected for.

Regards,
Graham

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: SQL statement logging: picking up strange queries from "pg_catalog"
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: SQL statement logging: picking up strange queries from "pg_catalog"