insert a -1 into a bigint ?

От kevin kempter
Тема insert a -1 into a bigint ?
Дата
Re: insert a -1 into a bigint ?
Список pgsql-admin
Hi All:

I have this table:

# \d seg_id_tmp7
                 Table "public.seg_id_tmp7"
      Column      |            Type             | Modifiers
-----------------+-----------------------------+-----------
  customer_srcid  | bigint                      |
  show_srcid      | bigint                      |
  show_name       | character varying           |
  season_srcid    | bigint                      |
  season_name     | character varying           |
  episode_srcid   | bigint                      |
  episode_name    | character varying           |
  segment_type_id | bigint                      |
  segment_type    | character varying           |
  segment_srcid   | bigint                      |
  segment_name    | character varying           |
  create_dt       | timestamp without time zone |

I want to insert some data along with a -1 for two of the bigint
columns. like this:

insert into seg_id_tmp7
(   customer_srcid,
    show_srcid,
    show_name,
    season_srcid,
    season_name,
    episode_srcid,
    episode_name,
    segment_type_id,
    segment_type,
    segment_srcid,
    segment_name,
    create_dt  )
select
    t8.customer_srcid,
    t8.show_srcid,
    t8.show_name,
    t8.season_srcid,
    t8.season_name,
    t8.episode_srcid,
    t8.episode_name
    -1::bigint ,
    'none',
    -1::bigint ,
    'none',
    (select start_dt from load_start_date)
from
    seg_id_tmp8 t8
;

I've also tried without the ::bigint cast on the above query.

I always get this error:

sql:load_sl_cd_segment_dim.sql:237: ERROR:  operator does not exist:
character varying - bigint
LINE 22:  -1::bigint ,
           ^
HINT:  No operator matches the given name and argument type(s). You
might need to add explicit type casts.

Thanks in advance for any help, advice, etc..

/Kevin

От: "Scott Marlowe"
Сообщение: Re: how i can restrict databaseusers ?
От: kevin kempter
Сообщение: Re: insert a -1 into a bigint ?