Re: full text index / search

От Mark Phillips
Тема Re: full text index / search
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I am not an expert on FTS, but I have been reading and experimenting. Further, I don't know what you are really
attempting.With those warnings behind us, I think a GIN or GiST index are helpful in full text searches.

You may find this useful:
Understanding Full Text Search
 http://linuxgazette.net/164/sephton.html

I suggest that you review the Postgres Documentation for FTS:
 http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/interactive/textsearch.html

One option you may find interesting is the pg_trgm module:
 http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/pgtrgm.html

hth,

- Mark Phillips

On Jun 15, 2012, at 8:18 AM, Philipp Kraus wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have created a table with a text field under PG 9.1, that should store source codes. I would like to search in this
textfield with regular expressions. I think I need a full-text-index, do I?

От: Benedict Holland
Сообщение: Re: Smaller multiple tables or one large table?
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade: "pg_ctl failed to start the new server"