Re: SQL Editor fail

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: SQL Editor fail
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On 12 May 2011 16:15, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

> Hmm, I can reproduce it, but I have no idea what the problem is. The
> stack trace (which contains 56977 frames!!) indicates the crash
> happens deep in Apples rendering code, which in turn is called from
> wxWidgets painting code which is called by the main event loop. As far
> as I can see, there is no pgAdmin code in the stack at all.

Yeah, I tend to see that a lot with GUI code, where events are handled
asynchronously. Often, the trick is to carpetbomb a whole bunch of
breakpoints haphazardly in the general area of the problem, and then
when triggering the problem, as each breakpoint is hit, disable them
one-by-one, until you see the error again, at which point you
re-enable the most recently disabled breakpoint. You are now near to
the problem.

Sorry if that's obvious - I can't really tell.

От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: SQL Editor fail
От: "Belbin, Peter"
Сообщение: Re: Usability improvment ideas