Re: oom_killer

От David Rees
Тема Re: oom_killer
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 1:28 AM, Tory M Blue <tmblue@gmail.com> wrote:
> this is a Fedora 12 system, 2.6.32.23-170. I've been reading and
> appears this is yet another fedora bug, but so far I have not found
> any concrete evidence on how to fix it.

If it's a "fedora" bug, it's most likely related to the kernel where
the OOM-killer lives which really makes it more of a kernel bug than a
fedora bug as fedora kernels generally track upstream very closely.

Given that both the version of Fedora you're using is no longer
supported, at a minimum you should be running F-13 (or preferably F-14
since F-13 will lose maintenance in appx 2 months).  If you have to
stay on F-12 you might at least try building the latest
2.6.32-longterm kernel which is up to version 2.6.32.39.

All that said - have you tried tracking memory usage of the machine
leading up to OOM killer events?

-Dave