Re: Dynamically generating DDL for postgresql object

От Mark Soper
Тема Re: Dynamically generating DDL for postgresql object
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks, John.  This is very helpful in getting me on the right track.  The
pg_get_constraintdef(oid) function seems to provide what's needed to
recreate the constraint.  Interestingly, it doesn't include some of the
information displayed in pgAdmin (i.e. Match type, On Update, On Delete) -
perhaps these property values will be easy to "guess" when recreating the
constraint.  Example below ...

Thank you again, John.  Cheers, Mark

Example:

Case 1:  pg_get_constraintdef(oid) output:

"FOREIGN KEY (permission_id) REFERENCES auth_permission(id) DEFERRABLE
INITIALLY DEFERRED"

Caset 2:  pgAdmin SQL pane display

ALTER TABLE auth_group_permissions
  ADD CONSTRAINT auth_group_permissions_permission_id_fkey FOREIGN KEY
(permission_id)
      REFERENCES auth_permission (id) MATCH SIMPLE
      ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE NO ACTION DEFERRABLE INITIALLY DEFERRED;

Mark Soper
markasoper@hotmail.com
25 Fairmont St #2
Cambridge, MA 02139
(617) 491-4134

От: "Alexander Staubo"
Сообщение: Re: Using the GPU
От: Lincoln Yeoh
Сообщение: Re: Using the power of the GPU