Re: Invalid redo in checkpoint record

От Shakil Shaikh
Тема Re: Invalid redo in checkpoint record
Дата
Список pgsql-general
From: "Craig Ringer" <craig@postnewspapers.com.au>

> Before you do re-create the cluster, if the data is unimportant is there
> any chance you could take a copy of it so it can be examined to see what
> happened? PostgreSQL should recover cleanly after a hard crash, and
> unless there's a storage subsystem issue or fsync was off this sort of
> thing might indicate an issue with Pg's crash recovery. Having a copy of
> the database would be really handy.
>
> The whole data directory would need to be tar'ed up and gzip'd.

I would have gladly but unfortunately it's too late now! Unless you know of
any backup files or logs which may have survived the drop-create process?

If it ever happens again in the future I'll be sure to retain it.

Shak

От: Rikard Bosnjakovic
Сообщение: Re: pg_standby instructions
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: date_trunct() and start of week