Re: Cleaning up the books page

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Cleaning up the books page
Дата
Список pgsql-www
> On 17 Jul 2023, at 13:07, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
>
> On 2023-Jul-17, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>
>> While adding the latest books to the books page I (re-)realized how much cruft
>> that page has accumulated.  A lot of books have links which are dead, some are
>> listed multiple times in different editions, and many of them cover long since
>> EOL version of postgres.  On top of that, the indentation is quite creative.
>>
>> The attached set cleans up that page to make the content IMO more relevant and
>> helpful to our users.  As we've never claimed to have a complete list of all
>> books ever published, keeping the old stuff on-line has no historical interest
>> since Google, Amazon and others do a much better job at keeping such things
>> available.
>
> I don't object to your cleanups, but would it make more sense to move
> the book listing to the pgweb database instead?

I think that would make a lot of sense, and is a good next step once the data
(and markup) is reasonably clean.  Even better if we can make it such that new
books are submitted to the backend with moderator approval like
announce/organizations, but I don't know Django well enough to know how much
work that would be.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Cleaning up the books page
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Cleaning up the books page