Re: Add the ability to limit the amount of memory that can be allocated to backends.

От Arne Roland
Тема Re: Add the ability to limit the amount of memory that can be allocated to backends.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thank you! I just tried our benchmark and got a performance degration of around 28 %, which is way better than the last patch.

The simple query select * from generate_series(0, 10000000) shows roughly 18.9 % degradation on my test server.

By raising initial_allocation_allowance and allocation_allowance_refill_qty I can get it to 16 % degradation. So most of the degradation seems to be independent from raising the allowance.

I think we probably should investigate this further.

Regards
Arne

От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: Incremental sort for access method with ordered scan support (amcanorderbyop)
От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: Should we put command options in alphabetical order in the doc?