Re: [HACKERS] adding the commit to a patch's thread

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: [HACKERS] adding the commit to a patch's thread
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 03 Sep 2017, at 21:12, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Sep 3, 2017 at 8:55 PM, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se <mailto:daniel@yesql.se>> wrote:
>
> That leaves us back at parsing/scraping -committers and adding the mailthread.
> For this CF I can add the commits manually, since attaching a thread isn’t
> limited to threads in -hackers.  This way we have more time to figure out an
> automated way for the next CF.  I’ve added the commit for my patch here as an
> example:
>
>         https://commitfest.postgresql.org/14/1245/ <https://commitfest.postgresql.org/14/1245/>
>
> That's a good start.

I will do that for commited patches.

> We can also add a separate field that's just a comma separated list of commit hashes that auto-links to the git
serverif we want. *That* would be a trivial addition. Actually auto-populating it would probably be a lot less so, but
fora manually managed one it should be fairly easy.

We can do that as well in case we want to, one doesn’t exclude the other.
Having both a link to the thread on -committers as well as a link to Git would
be neat (the former will neatly capture discussions on -committers that lead to
follow-up patches, something the latter will struggle with since it will be
lots extra work).

cheers ./daniel

От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Optional message to user when terminating/cancelling backend
От: Joe Conway
Сообщение: [HACKERS] PG10 partitioning - odd behavior/possible bug