execution time and running time difference

От jian xu
Тема execution time and running time difference
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hello,

          I enabled the \timing in psql, and run a query with explain analyze,

In the output, the execution time(from analyze) is 28 seconds, the query only returns  14 rows, however the Time(from timing) is more than a minute. Could someone help me explain the difference between execution time and running time? And how did it happen, any possible cause? Thanks

James

От: Jefferson Lourthusamy
Сообщение: pgAgent installation issue
От: Jeff Janes
Сообщение: Re: execution time and running time difference