Re: Postgresql Hardware

От Chris Barnes
Тема Re: Postgresql Hardware
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Purchase solid equipment and fairly current machines.
We buy referbished system at a fraction of the cost of new.

For example;
IBM 3650 with 8 x 300g SAS drives and controller, 4 slot dual with the following specs. 16 gb memory.
model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5345  @ 2.33GHz
cache size      : 4096 KB

This will probably cost ~  between $5000 & $8000

Set the drives up raid 1 and 5 for os/logs and data and global hotspare. Some prefer raid 10 if you have lots of drives.

This should give you 300g for os/logs and 600g for data.

Chris

> From: gil.nunes.resende@gmail.com
> Subject: [GENERAL] Postgresql Hardware
> Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 03:01:29 -0700
> To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
>
> Hi,
>
> We are developing a web application that will work on Postgresql. My
> doubt is about the hardware that I can use for postgresql.
>
> What HW is more important to postgresql performance?
> Assuming that the database will have some load, what hardware must i
> buy?
>

> Thanks
> Best regards
>
> --

Faster Hotmail access now on the new MSN homepage.

От: Alan McKay
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql Hardware
От: Ricky Tompu Breaky
Сообщение: Re: Installing postgresql on Debian Lenny-->my /etc/apt/sources.list.