Bestpractice for upgrading from enterpriseDB 8.3.3 to rpm 8.4.1.

От Chris Barnes
Тема Bestpractice for upgrading from enterpriseDB 8.3.3 to rpm 8.4.1.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Is there anyone that has installed enterpriseDB (833) and upgraded to later version or 8.4.1 using rpms?

I am wondering what the best path would be to upgrade from enterpriseDB.

Can I do an upgrade from enterpriceDB 8.3.3 to rpms 8.3.8 without dumping and restoring the database?

When going from enterpricedb 8.3.3 to 8.4.1 using rpms, can I have them simultaneously run in parrellel and export/import and remove enterprisedb 8.3.3 later,  would there be any issues?
I'm guessing I would have to install 8.4.1, configure for port (5433) and run them in parellel to accomplish this?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris Barnes

Get a great deal on Windows 7 and see how it works the way you want. Check out the offers on Windows 7now.

От: Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz
Сообщение: Re: READ ONLY & I/O ERROR
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: specifying a password on the cmd line for db connect