[GENERAL] Transaction apply speed on the standby

От Rakesh Kumar
Тема [GENERAL] Transaction apply speed on the standby
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] Transaction apply speed on the standby  (Venkata B Nagothi <nag1010@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Ver 9.6.1

In a streaming replication can it be assumed that if both primary and standby are of the same hardware, then the rate
atwhich transactions are applied on the standby will be same as that on primary. Or standbys are always slower than
primaryin applying transactions because of the way replication works.

The reason why I am asking is that I am trying to find what are the circumstances when there can be a large gap between
primaryand standby in async replication mode.

Thanks

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] using hstore to store documents
От: Jeff Janes
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Transaction apply speed on the standby