Promoting Hot standby after running select pg_xlog_replay_pause();

От Bellrose, Brian
Тема Promoting Hot standby after running select pg_xlog_replay_pause();
Дата
Список pgsql-general

I have a scenario where we are doing an application release and they want to be able to potentially rollback to HA if things go bad. So the current process would be:

  1. Run select pg_xlog_replay_pause(); on standby to pause replication
  2. Apply changes
  3. If team needs to revert to older version of cluster we would run pg_ctl promote

My question is, would pg_ctl prmote start up from the point where replication was paused or would it try and sync before it opens? Thus applying all the changes I am trying to prevent?

Thanks,

Brian

This email and any attachments are only for use by the intended recipient(s) and may contain legally privileged, confidential, proprietary or otherwise private information. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, dissemination, distribution or other disclosure of the contents of this e-mail or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Neither this information block, the typed name of the sender, nor anything else in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

От: Julien Rouhaud
Сообщение: Re: PG12 autovac issues
От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: \COPY to accept non UTF-8 chars in CHAR columns