Postgres does not start, gives no error

От Akhtar Yasmin-B05532
Тема Postgres does not start, gives no error
Дата
Re: Postgres does not start, gives no error  (Lennin Caro <lennin.caro@yahoo.com>)
Список pgsql-general
HI,

I am facing this peciliar problem.I am using postgres 7.2.2 installed on solaris.
It has been running very well since all the time, until somebody tried to stop it. Using the command

Now it does not start.
On giving the start command its says:

/home/data/www/pg7/bin/pg_ctl: 5432: not found
postmaster successfully started

But when i check the status, it says postmaster is not running.

Also, if I try to stop it, i get the expected error:

pg_ctl: cannot find /home/data/www/pg7/data/postmaster.pid
Is postmaster running?

I have realised that when I give the start command, even though the msg is successfully started, the postmaster.pid file is not created..

Am i missing something.?
Any help will be appreciated.

От: Erik Jones
Сообщение: Re: Conflict between MVCC and manual locking
От: Mira Dimitrijevic
Сообщение: Problem with trigger function