Re: Portal->commandTag as an enum

От Mark Dilger
Тема Re: Portal->commandTag as an enum
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> On Feb 11, 2020, at 1:02 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
> On 2020-Feb-11, Mark Dilger wrote:
>
>>> No thanks.
>>
>> I’m not sure which option you are voting for:
>>
>> (Option #1) Have the perl script generate the .c and .h file from a .dat file
>>
>> (Option #2) Have the perl script validate but not generate the .c and .h files
>>
>> (Option #3) Have no perl script, with all burden on the programmer to get the .c and .h files right by hand.
>>
>> I think you’re voting against #3, and I’m guessing you’re voting for #1, but I’m not certain.
>
> I was voting against #2 (burden the programmer with consistency checks
> that must be fixed by hand, without actually doing the programmatically-
> doable work), but I don't like #3 either.  I do like #1.

Option #1 works for me.  If I don’t see any contrary votes before I get back to this patch, I’ll implement it that way
forthe next version.

—
Mark Dilger
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Portal->commandTag as an enum
От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: Postgres 32 bits client compilation fail. Win32 bits client issupported?