Re: DROP OWNED BY fails to clean out pg_init_privs grants

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: DROP OWNED BY fails to clean out pg_init_privs grants
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 24 May 2024, at 01:01, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> Hannu Krosing <hannuk@google.com> writes:
>> While the 'DROP OWNED BY fails to clean out pg_init_privs grants'
>> issue is now fixed,we have a similar issue with REASSIGN OWNED BY that
>> is still there:
>
> Ugh, how embarrassing.  I'll take a look tomorrow, if no one
> beats me to it.

I had a look, but I didn't beat you to a fix since it's not immediately clear
to me how this should work for REASSING OWNED (DROP OWNED seems a simpler
case).  Should REASSIGN OWNED alter the rows in pg_shdepend matching init privs
from SHARED_DEPENDENCY_OWNER to SHARED_DEPENDENCY_INITACL, so that these can be
mopped up with a later DROP OWNED?  Trying this in a POC patch it fails with
RemoveRoleFromInitPriv not removing the rows, shortcircuiting that for a test
seems to make it work but is it the right approach?

--
Daniel Gustafsson

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Improving tracking/processing of buildfarm test failures
От: Dmitry Dolgov
Сообщение: Re: Schema variables - new implementation for Postgres 15