Re: Patch to clean up and add missing GSoC pages

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Patch to clean up and add missing GSoC pages
Дата
Список pgsql-www
> On 22 Apr 2023, at 20:59, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Stefanie,
>
> On 4/21/23 5:27 AM, Stefanie Janine Stölting wrote:
>> Hi there,
>> Attached you'll find a patch containing changes on the GSoC pages.
>
> Thanks for submitting this!

Seconded!

> I'm not sure where these pages are linkable from currently. The only link I see is to the wiki from the developers
page[1],but we don't have any more links back to the .org page. IIRC, this was done in part due to what you've raised
withthis patchset, i.e. the content goes stale and requires someone to actively maintain it.

It's currently not linked at all, but searching for GSoC on the site leads to
/summerofcode/ which is in a sad state now.

> I agree that the timeline is useful. Maybe we put that on the developers page, since it seems all of the other
contentis available on the wiki? That way, we can retire the .org page.

I would prefer to actively maintain the .org page as the entry point for GSoC
and leave the Wiki for the projects and other things which changes more
frequently.  The current maintainence overhead is to change the list of admins
and mentors as well as add the past year, and that seems quite manageable.

I do however think we should keep the timeline on /summerofcode/ and not on
each individual yearly archive page (the fact that newly added pages in the
patch has the timeline to 2008 while the main page goes to 2006 highlights
this).

We can work on where to link to this as a separate step, but to clean up the
current state I think we should go ahead with this patch.  Reading through it
can't spot any markup errors.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: "Jonathan S. Katz"
Сообщение: Re: Patch to clean up and add missing GSoC pages
От: Stefanie Janine Stölting
Сообщение: Re: Patch to clean up and add missing GSoC pages