Re: pgbench - allow to create partitioned tables

От Rafia Sabih
Тема Re: pgbench - allow to create partitioned tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 1 Oct 2019 at 16:48, Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> wrote:

>> Yeah, I know that, but this doesn't look quite right.  I mean to say
>> whatever we want to say via this message is correct, but I am not
>> completely happy with the display part.  How about something like:
>> "pgbench_accounts is missing, you need to do initialization (\"pgbench
>> -i\") in database \"%s\"\n"?  Feel free to propose something else on
>> similar lines?  If possible, I want to convey this information in a single
>> sentence.
>>
>> How about, "pgbench_accounts is missing, initialize (\"pgbench -i\") in
> database \"%s\"\n"?

I think that we should not presume too much about the solution: perhaps
the user did not specify the right database or host and it has nothing to
do with initialization.

Maybe something like:

"pgbench_accounts is missing, perhaps you need to initialize (\"pgbench
-i\") in database \"%s\"\n"

The two sentences approach has the logic of "error" and a separate "hint"
which is often used.

+1 for error and hint separation.

--
Regards,
Rafia Sabih

От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: Optimize partial TOAST decompression
От: Larry Rosenman
Сообщение: Peripatus: Can someone look?