Re: Autovacuum on partitioned table

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: Autovacuum on partitioned table
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 4:50 PM Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> wrote:
> * I may be missing something, but why doesn't do_autovacuum() fetch a
> partitioned table's entry from pgstat instead of fetching that for
> individual children and adding? That is, why do we need to do the
> following:
>
> +            /*
> +             * If the relation is a partitioned table, we check it
> using reltuples
> +             * added up childrens' and changes_since_analyze tracked
> by stats collector.

Oh, it's only adding up children's pg_class.reltuple, not pgstat
stats.  We need to do that because a partitioned table's
pg_class.reltuples is always 0 and correctly so.  Sorry for not
reading the patch properly.

Thanks,
Amit

От: "asaba.takanori@fujitsu.com"
Сообщение: RE: Complete data erasure
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: client-side fsync() error handling