Re: Skip partition tuple routing with constant partition key

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: Skip partition tuple routing with constant partition key
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 11:47 AM houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
<houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> About teaching relcache about caching the target partition.
>
> David-san suggested cache the partidx in PartitionDesc.
> And it will need looping and checking the cached value at each level.
> I was thinking can we cache a partidx list[1, 2 ,3], and then we can follow
> the list to get the last partition and do the partition CHECK only for the last
> partition. If any unexpected thing happen, we can return to the original table
> and redo the tuple routing without using the cached index.
> What do you think ?

Where are you thinking to cache the partidx list?  Inside
PartitionDesc or some executor struct?

--
Amit Langote
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Amit Kapila
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Incorrect GUC descriptions in docs and postgresql.conf.sample