Re: ATExecAddColumn() doesn't merge inherited properties

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: ATExecAddColumn() doesn't merge inherited properties
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 8, 2022 at 9:03 PM Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> wrote:
> While testing Alvaro's "cataloguing NOT NULL constraints" patch [1], I
> noticed a behavior of inherited column merging during ALTER TABLE that
> I thought might be a bug (though see at the bottom).
>
> I feel like we may have discussed this before and decided that the
> $subject is left that way intentionally, but wanted to bring this up
> again in the light of Alvaro's patch which touches nearby code.
> Should we try to fix this?

I found a not-so-old email where we indeed called this (allowing a
child table's column to be nullable when it is marked NOT NULL in a
parent) a bug that should be fixed:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA%2BHiwqEPy72GnNa88jMkHMJaiAYiE7-zgcdPBMwNP-zWi%2Beifw%40mail.gmail.com

--
Thanks, Amit Langote
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: why can't a table be part of the same publication as its schema
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: why can't a table be part of the same publication as its schema