Re: pg_stat_progress_basebackup - progress reporting forpg_basebackup, in the server side

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: pg_stat_progress_basebackup - progress reporting forpg_basebackup, in the server side
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 9:51 AM Kyotaro Horiguchi
<horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 18:25 Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > So, maybe you're saying that "waiting for checkpoint" is ambiguous and
> > > most people will assume it means "...to start".  As for me, I assume
> > > it ends with "...to finish".
>
> I'm not sure "most peple will assume" or not, so I said "I'm not
> sure".  For example, I feel strangeness to use "I'm waiting for Amit"
> to express that I'm waiting Amit to leave there.  That phrase gives me
> such kind of uneasiness.
>
> I thought of "establishing checkpoint" or "running a checkpoint" as
> other candidates.

Okay, I understand.  I am fine with "running checkpoint", although I
think "waiting for checkpoint" isn't totally wrong either.

Thanks,
Amit

От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: Memory-Bounded Hash Aggregation
От: Justin Pryzby
Сообщение: typos in comments and user docs