Re: Logical comparison on startup pgadmin4

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Logical comparison on startup pgadmin4
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 11:29 AM, Colin Beckingham <colbec@kingston.net> wrote:
> Each time I run pgadmin4 I run a git pull to get latest. Then launch from
> web browser at 5050, no problem.
>
> However a message pops up to say that I am running this version but the
> current is something else. For example:
>
> "You are currently running version 1.0-beta2.1 of pgAdmin 4, however the
> current version is 1.0-beta2. Please click here for more information."
>
> It looks like a check is happening to remind me to upgrade, but in this case
> the upgrade has already happened. It looks like maybe a comparison operator
> is not quite right for version/subversion or am I reading incorrectly?

The code just looks for a mis-match, as the version suffix is an
arbitrary string. That's the downside of using GIT code which may have
a different version than the update service knows about.

You can disable the version check in your config file to avoid the issue.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: PATCH: Fix the issue for saving query output as CSV
От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: Regarding issue 1241