Re: HEADS-UP: Redmine -> Github issue migration

От Dave Page
Тема Re: HEADS-UP: Redmine -> Github issue migration
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi

On Tue, 13 Sept 2022 at 12:26, grin <grin@grin.hu> wrote:
On Tue, 13 Sep 2022 11:39:08 +0100 Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

> Over the next few days we'll be migrating all the pgAdmin 4 issues in
> Redmine to Github.

It is always sad to see when open projects move from self-hosted or various externally hosted systems to a centrally managed "all eggs in one basket" service (Microsoft or not), regardless of its reasons.

Yes - it's something I've long fought against. Unfortunately it's becoming increasingly hard to manage Redmine in a maintainable and secure way that we (the PostgreSQL Sysadmin team) are happy with, and we (the pgAdmin team) see so many developers now who are so used to doing everything on Github (using PRs for example), that our old-school process with patches and mailing lists etc. scares them off. We've got to the point where issues like that have a real effect on what we do.

I guess this has been extensively debated, so I don't ask questions or suggest anything.

Good luck for the migration!

Thanks!