Re: Some restructuring of the download section

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Some restructuring of the download section
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 4:39 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

>> The platform native packaging systems are marginally easier to update
>> (StackBuilder will update the installers), but have proven in the past to
>> confuse some users because it's hard to know what to install (though part of
>> what Magnus has done aims to make that easier), and they all install
>> software but don't do any of the setup for you - no initdb, no service setup
>> etc.
>
> Uh, that part is just incorrect. Several sets of platform packages
> certainly do initdb for you. And AFAIK every single one of them on
> Linux at least do service setup for you.

Hmm, clearly it's been a while since I did a PG installation on Debian
(oddly!), as that does seem to leave the server up and running. I'm
fairly certain it didn't in the past.

RPMs on the other hand, do not. You have to do something like:

yum install postgresql-server
service postgresql initdb
chkconfig postgresql on
service postgresql start

(tested on CentOS 6.2).

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Some restructuring of the download section
От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: Some restructuring of the download section