Re: Adding PGInstaller to the Downloads section

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Adding PGInstaller to the Downloads section
Дата
Список pgsql-www

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 2:31 PM, Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org> wrote:
On 2018-08-28 13:39, Dave Page wrote:
<snip>
I did;

*==>** The following existing directories will be made group writable:*

/usr/local/bin

/usr/local/lib

/usr/local/share

/usr/local/var

*==>** The following existing directories will have their owner set to *
*dpage*:

/usr/local/bin

/usr/local/lib

/usr/local/share

/usr/local/var

*==>** The following existing directories will have their group set to *
*admin*:

/usr/local/bin

/usr/local/lib

/usr/local/share

/usr/local/var

I would rather we don't list a distro, than list one that we have to put
security warnings against.

Isn't OSX/macOS considered a "single user" system for the vast majority of its users?

Note - I'm meaning "single person has access to the machine", rather than talking about the process separation model.

For a single user machine, the above setup doesn't seem terrible.  It's not giving world writeable access, it's just claiming ownership of otherwise unused directories for the main users group.

?

Anyone using OSX/macOS in multi-user fashion is probably going to hit other issues too (eg other people's apps in /Applications), and probably :) avoids Homebrew.

I have multiple shared Macs. I've never run into such an issue, probably because you need root permissions to install something in /Applications rather than ~/Applications.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Justin Clift
Сообщение: Re: Adding PGInstaller to the Downloads section
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Adding PGInstaller to the Downloads section