Re: Issue tracking

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Issue tracking
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

On Fri, 11 Mar 2022 at 16:29, Philippe Cloutier <chealer@gmail.com> wrote:
Le 2022-01-19 à 18:07, Philippe Cloutier a écrit :

Hi Dave,

Le 2021-11-15 à 05:37, Dave Page a écrit :

On Fri, Nov 12, 2021 at 11:31 PM Philippe Cloutier <chealer@gmail.com> wrote:
Le 2021-11-10 à 04:06, Dave Page a écrit :
Hi

On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 11:23 PM Philippe Cloutier <chealer@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

The ticket I filed was set to Status "Rejected". Could someone either explain why or set that field to a more representative value?

Because at the time we had no plan to change tracker. Or are you talking about a different ticket?

No, I am talking about #5042. I would obviously prefer if it had been solved yesterday, but it does not mention any timeframe. It is simply a report of the issue (and implicitly, a request to solve it as soon as possible).

Right, so it is the same ticket. We don't have any definitive plans to change the tracker at the moment. As I mentioned, we are considering Github, but that is by no means decided, and we may well leave things as they are. It's also not a pgAdmin feature, which is another reason why the issue was rejected; the issue tracker is for tracking features/bugs in pgAdmin itself; we don't keep any infrastructure related issues there.

You are correct that this is not an issue in the pgAdmin product. However, the Redmine instance tracks issues in *projects* (as can be seen in the screenshot). If it really tracks issues in products, the instance should be adjusted accordingly.

For sure, the project  is *not* just for tracking features and bugs in pgAdmin itself. There is even a tracker dedicated to support requests, so it would be hard to imagine that project issues would not be tracked when even support requests are.

So, if we accept that the tracker's presentation is indeed wrong, presumably, if one was to ask for a general-purpose issue tracker on the Redmine instance, that request would then also be rejected?

You're suggesting a general purpose project for approximately one request that we've had in many years, to resolve an issue that I've already said is on our long term todo list?

The most sane way I can think of to make that happen would be to add a dedicated tracker for project infrastructure related issues (such as the buildfarm, website, GIT repo and so on), and then use that for anything that isn't directly product related. I suspect it would rarely get looked at  - but I've done so anyway:

От: Philippe Cloutier
Сообщение: Re: Issue tracking
От: Akshay Joshi
Сообщение: pgAdmin 4 commit: Ensure that upload paths are children of the storage