Re: [pgadmin-support] "pgadmin4" - slow?

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [pgadmin-support] "pgadmin4" - slow?
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 8:29 AM, Mike Surcouf <mikes@surcouf.co.uk> wrote:
> A  32 second startup time and a 2-6 seconds to expand each node is
> encouraging?

Unless you're on a slow connection, the node expansion time should be
extremely quick the second and subsequent times in a session, and even
then the delay should only occur for a small number of key nodes.
That's because it's loading the code for them on first expansion.

We're working on getting rid of that - whilst it works fine on
non-Windows platforms (i.e. the initial delay is measured in fractions
of a second, not seconds), clearly as we've found it's a problem on
Windows. The work a number of people are currently doing involved
making as much of the code static as possible (so it doesn't need to
go through the templating engine), and then minimising and web packing
it so it all loads at once. This will significantly reduce the number
of round-trips between the browser and client, as well as the
bandwidth required.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Mike Surcouf
Сообщение: Re: [pgadmin-support] "pgadmin4" - slow?
От: Mike Surcouf
Сообщение: Re: [pgadmin-support] "pgadmin4" - slow?