Re: On disable_cost

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: On disable_cost
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 12, 2024 at 11:35 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, that didn't generate much discussion, but here I am trying
> again. Here I've got patches 0001 and 0002 from my previous posting;
> I've dropped 0003 and 0004 from the previous set for now so as not to
> distract from the main event, but they may still be a good idea.
> Instead I've got an 0003 and an 0004 that implement the "count of
> disabled nodes" approach that we have discussed previously. This seems
> to work fine, unlike the approaches I tried earlier. I think this is
> the right direction to go, but I'd like to know what concerns people
> might have.

Here is a rebased patch set, where I also fixed pgindent damage and a
couple of small oversights in 0004.

I am hoping to get these committed some time in July. So if somebody
thinks that's too soon or thinks it shouldn't happen at all, please
don't wait too long to let me know about that.

Thanks,

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Andrei Lepikhov
Сообщение: Re: Check lateral references within PHVs for memoize cache keys
От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: Improve EXPLAIN output for multicolumn B-Tree Index