Re: Not HOT enough

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Not HOT enough
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 10:20 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Excerpts from Robert Haas's message of mié nov 23 12:15:55 -0300 2011:
>> > And it effects shared catalogs only, which are all low traffic anyway.
>>
>> I think "low traffic" is the key point.  I understand that you're not
>> changing the VACUUM behavior, but you are making heap_page_prune_opt()
>> not do anything when a shared catalog is involved.  That would be
>> unacceptable if we expected shared catalogs to be updated frequently,
>> either now or in the future, but I guess we don't expect that.
>
> Maybe not pg_database or pg_tablespace and such, but I'm not so sure
> about pg_shdepend.  (Do we record pg_shdepend entries for temp tables?)

Hmm, I'm not seeing any increase in the number of entries in
pg_shdepend when I create either a temporary or permanent table:

rhaas=# select sum(1) from pg_shdepend;sum
-----  2
(1 row)

rhaas=# create temp table xyz (a int);
CREATE TABLE
rhaas=# select sum(1) from pg_shdepend;sum
-----  2
(1 row)

rhaas=# create table abc (a int);
CREATE TABLE

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Permissions checks for range-type support functions
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Not HOT enough