Re: post-freeze damage control

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: post-freeze damage control
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 9, 2024 at 1:59 AM Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:
> On 09.04.24 00:58, Michael Paquier wrote:
> > That's more linked to the fact that I was going silent without a
> > laptop for a few weeks before the end of the release cycle, and a way
> > to say to not count on me, while I was trying to keep my room clean to
> > avoid noise for others who would rush patches.  It is a vacation
> > period for schools in Japan as the fiscal year finishes at the end of
> > March, while the rest of the world still studies/works, so that makes
> > trips much easier with areas being less busy when going abroad.  If
> > you want to limit commit activity during this period, the answer is
> > simple then: require that all the committers live in Japan.
>
> Well, due to the Easter holiday being earlier this year, I adopted a
> similar approach: Go on vacation the last week of March and watch the
> rest from the pool. :)  So far I feel this was better for my well-being.

I usually aim to have my major work for the release code complete by
approximately September and committed by December or January. Then if
it slips, I still have a chance of finishing before the freeze, and if
it doesn't, then I don't have to deal with the mad flurry of activity
at the end, and perhaps there's even time for some follow-up work
afterwards (as in the case of IB), or just time to review some other
patches.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Jelte Fennema-Nio
Сообщение: Re: Transparent column encryption
От: Давыдов Виталий
Сообщение: Re: Slow catchup of 2PC (twophase) transactions on replica in LR