Re: libpq compression (part 3)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: libpq compression (part 3)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 12, 2024 at 4:11 PM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think that would definitely be better than "compress" and
> "decompress," but I was worried that it might be unclear to the user
> whether the parameter that they specified was from the point of view
> of the client or the server. Perhaps that's a dumb thing to worry
> about, though.

According to https://commitfest.postgresql.org/48/4746/ this patch set
needs review, but:

1. Considering that there have been no updates for 5 months, maybe
it's actually dead?

and

2. I still think it needs to be more clear how the interface is
supposed to work. I do not want to spend time reviewing a patch to see
whether it works without understanding how it is intended to work --
and I also think that reviewing the patch in detail before we've got
the user interface right makes a whole lot of sense.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Erik Wienhold
Сообщение: Re: Underscore in positional parameters?
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: An improved README experience for PostgreSQL