Re: Granting SET and ALTER SYSTE privileges for GUCs

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Granting SET and ALTER SYSTE privileges for GUCs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 12:30 PM Joshua Brindle
<joshua.brindle@crunchydata.com> wrote:
> I agree with this view, outside of the mixup between MAC and DAC (DAC
> is in-core, MAC is via hooks)

An excellent point! Exactly why we need expert-level help with this stuff! :-)

> So there should be some committers or contributors that keep an eye
> out and make sure new objects have appropriate hooks, and since an Oid
> based hook for GUCs is inappropriate, I hope this patch can be rolled
> into the contribution from Mark.

I'm not going to take a position on this patch right this minute, but
I appreciate you providing it.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Joshua Brindle
Сообщение: Re: Granting SET and ALTER SYSTE privileges for GUCs
От: Mark Dilger
Сообщение: Re: Granting SET and ALTER SYSTE privileges for GUCs